INFORMATION ON SCHEME CLAIM HANDLING
What if I don’t hear from you after the Scheme comes into effect?
We’ll allow six months for customers to make their claims in the Portal, so don’t worry if you don’t hear from us immediately from when the Scheme comes into effect. Most people will hear from us within two weeks. After two weeks, if you haven’t heard from us, it may be that you’ve changed your contact details (address or email) since you were our customer. If you think this applies to you, don’t worry - you can still gain access to the Portal by visiting The Money Shop website and completing a few online checks there.
I don’t want to submit my claim online
If you’re not comfortable making your claim online, there will also be a Helpline number you can call, but please be aware that the quickest and simplest way to make your claim will be through the online Portal.
I’ve made my claim – what now?
Once you have registered your claim, we will investigate it.
We’ll write to you to tell you if we agree with all, or any part of, your claim, and you’ll have the opportunity to appeal this decision if you’re unhappy with it.
If we do uphold any part of your claim, you will be entitled to a share of the redress fund, but we won’t be able to tell you how much this will be until the second half of 2020.
We aim to pay the redress later in 2020.
NON-SCHEME COMPLAINTS HANDLING
The Money Shop
- Telephone for The Money Shop: 020 3901 7571 (lines are open Monday to Friday between 9.00am-5.00pm)
- Email for The Money Shop: email@example.com
- Write to: The Money Shop, Unit 1, Castle Marina Road. Nottingham, NG7 1TN
What Happens Next?
- If you contact us and we have been unable to resolve your complaint immediately, the Customer Relations Unit will send you a letter to acknowledge receipt of your complaint. We will consider your comments and may need to contact you for further information.
- We will try to resolve your concerns straightaway and let you know what we are going to do to put things right. Where we need more time, we will investigate and provide you with a written response which is called a "Final Response". If your complaint is about the provision of consumer credit or a Western Union money transfer, we will include a leaflet explaining how you can ask for a free, independent review of your complaint by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
- A Final Response should be sent to you within eight weeks from receipt of your complaint.
- If we cannot send you a Final Response within eight weeks, we will let you know that we are still investigating and, if applicable, advise you of your referral rights for the Financial Ombudsman Service.
What if you remain Dissatisfied?
If you are still dissatisfied after receiving our "Final Response" letter and your complaint is about the provision of consumer credit or a Western Union money transfer; you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review, which is free of charge. You must refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of receiving our Final Response. Their contact details are:
- The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
- Telephone: 0800 023 4567
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If you completed your transaction via our website, you can also request a review from the European Online Dispute Resolution platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
Click here to view our complaints data.