Instant Cash Loans Limited is now in a Scheme of Arrangement.
What this means?
ICL and its creditors are now bound by a Scheme of Arrangement, which came into effect on 9th October 2019.
This means that we will not be making any payments until after the deadline for submitting claims in the Scheme (on 9th April 2020). We will then determine how much the Scheme can pay out on each claim received.
- We will email or write to customers affected by this ('redress creditors') by 19th October 2019, to explain how they can make a claim under the Scheme, using our online Customer Claim Portal.
- Customers must submit their claim by 9th April 2020 to be eligible to receive compensation.
- We will contact all of our business creditors ('non-redress creditors') in writing and will provide a claim form. These must also be submitted by 9th April 2020.
- If you believe you are a creditor and you do not hear from us, please contact us.
We expect to have made all payments under the Scheme by the end of 2020.
The High Court approved the Scheme on 8th October 2019 and it came into effect on 9th October 2019. To learn more about the Scheme, please see our frequently asked questions page by clicking the FAQ button below, or check out the Scheme library by clicking the Scheme Documents button below where you will find all Scheme documents.
CUSTOMER CLAIMS PORTAL IS LIVE (14th October 2019)
To submit a claim about irresponsible lending by ICL or any of our companies, just click the Customer Claim Portal button below.
- The process is very simple, but it will help if you have a recent letter or email from us to hand, as this will contain your Reference Code.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a Reference Code – if you are a past customer of ours, you’ll still be able to make a claim through the Portal.
- If you need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our Helpline on 020 3901 7440, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Store Closure Updates
Assessment of our store network has resulted in a number of locations having to close, as it is no longer viable for us to trade from those locations.
- For details of our store network and to see if your local store has been impacted click here
- If you are a Pawnbroking customer and your store has closed, details regarding the location of your item(s) and how to redeem them can be found by clicking on the ‘Closed’ Status in relation to that particular store. Locate your store by clicking here
- Some General FAQs relating to the Store Closures can be accessed by clicking here
If you wish to make a complaint to The Money Shop, details of our Customer Complaints Handling Procedure can be found by clicking here