When considering taking a personal loan from The Money Shop, it is important to keep in mind that short-term loans should not be used as a long-term financial solution.
When taking a personal loan with The Money Shop we will make it clear:
- how much you are borrowing
- how long you are borrowing for
- how much your monthly repayment(s) will be
- how much you have to pay back in total
- that we don't charge any fees. No arrangement fee, no missed fees, no late repayment fees and no early repayment fees.
What do we offer?
We offer short-term loans starting at £100 up to £2,000** which are repayable over 3 to 12 instalments.
- Daily rates range from 0.36% to 0.64% (dependent upon term length), which means you will pay between 36p to 64p per day per £100 borrowed
You can always repay a loan early – meaning you only pay interest for the time you borrow, which reduces the total cost of the loan.
Representative Example: £350 borrowed for 6 months. Annual interest rate of 179% (fixed). Total amount repayable is £516.90 in 6 monthly instalments of £86.15. Representative 450% APR.
What will I have to pay back?
You will have to pay back the original loan amount borrowed plus the interest.
Borrowing over a longer term helps to keep the monthly repayments affordable however the total amount to repay increases the longer you borrow the money for.
To calculate your borrowing costs from us please use our loan calculator.
What if I can't make a payment?
If you're struggling with repayments then the most important thing to do is to let us know, you can contact us on 0800 009 3565* and we will do our best to help.
A missed or late payment may have a negative effect on your credit rating. If you are experiencing financial difficulty please click here to find information on non-fee charging agencies that provide independent advice.